Muñoz-Ruiz et al, 2020. Clinical Neurophysiology Practice.
- A case report of a 13-year old patient with symptomatic focal epilepsy due to a right parietal dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumour (DNET).
- The patient also had persistent tinnitus and sensory symptoms after operating to remove part of the tumour.
- The patient was given low-frequency rTMS. The treatment was successful and relieved the symptoms.
- As maintenance therapy, the patient was successfully given cathodal tDCS to maintain treatment response (with Sooma tDCS device).
- rTMS was considered safe and effective in treating these symptoms in adolescents, and tDCS was considered safe and effective to maintain treatment response after rTMS in adolescents.