Fregni et al, 2020. International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology.
- An update to the international evidence-based guidelines for the use of Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) in neurological and psychiatric disorders.
- The range of recommendations given for the efficacy of tDCS in the treatment of different disorders are: Level A (definitely effective), level B (probably effective), level C (possibly effective), or no recommendation.
- The recommendation for tDCS in depression was raised to Level A (definitely effective).
- The recommendation for tDCS in neuropathic pain was raised to Level B (probably effective).
- Level B recommendation was also given for: fibromyalgia, migraine, post-operative patient-controlled analgesia and pain, Parkinson’s disease (motor and cognition), stroke (motor), epilepsy, schizophrenia and alcohol addiction.